Saturday, April 2, 2011

Sculpting/Contouring: Lights and shadows



I once heard: “How you contour a face can either make you or break you as a makeup artist.”
Inexperienced as I was, I didn’t quite comprehend the full meaning of this statement – that is until I witnessed my first “sculpted” face.
Hmmm… how could I explain? Imagine wearing non-name brand shapeless clothing all your life and then suddenly being dressed in DIOR.
It gives your face a sense of sophistication not duplicated by any other technique in Make-up.

In his book “Making Faces” Kevyn Aucoin has enclosed an image of a model’s torso where he’s emphasized with a dark concealer where the shadings should be applied and with a white concealer where the highlights should be applied.


Making Faces - Kevyn Aucoin



Beautifully and eloquently explained with much greater detail, I give you a video by Pixiwoo.








See what i mean? :)

Blog to you soon,

Sahar

No comments:

Post a Comment